Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Little History & The Reason Why

First off, the history lesson...
The seeds of what would become 2LO, began back in 1994, at an overly trendy club in Brea, CA. Through lies & deceptions, a band called OverView was born. The band was made up of: Mike Stimler on bass, Rob Harlston on vocals, Brian Tiller on lead guitar & myself, Paul Griffis on drums. Two years, & one demo tape later, was all it could last. But with every ending, there is a beginning... After a sabbatical of about 6 months, Brian & I began playing together again. These were sporadic gatherings, at best. But enough to keep the fires burning. Fast forward to 2003, we found  ourselves booking a practice studio to play a light acoustic style rock. One practice later and that plan was shelved. The amp & guitar were plugged back in, new drums were purchased, new tunes were written, and the birth of Two Left Over occurred. Grab your Pepto, because we're gonna skip ahead once again. This time to August 2004. Bassist John Torres joins the band. Two Left Over is now a trio. But obvious contradictions be damned, because the name doesn't change, & we're set and ready to ROCK! About six years down the line, with a total of 3 EPs, we ran outta steam & went our separate ways as musicians. But, the friendships still remain well in tact.

Now, for the why. Well, it's been over 2 years since 2LO called it quits. And MySpace has been pretty much deserted by most people. Not to mention that they changed how they allow artists to post, & share, their music. I just wanted a home, that I had more control over, for the music that I helped create & still have a lot of affection for. I'm proud of the time I spent with this band & felt compelled to put us out there. For those who may have enjoyed our time on the stage & for those who may be discovering us for the first time, I hope you enjoy Two Left Over.

Logo design by Paul Griffis

No comments:

Post a Comment